Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I like being a Giants fan, maybe I should do this more often

I wish I was really hardcore into following pro football, because I would be going ballistic right now.  I'm already very happy, but I'm trying to imagine what I would be feeling if I had just witnessed a team that I follow more closely win for the second time, such as the Rangers or (try not to laugh) the Mets. 

The game struck me as eerily similar to Superbowl 42.  With just minutes left and down on the scoreboard, Eli led the Giants all the way down the field for a dramatic touchdown, a drive immortalized by a miraculous catch, this time by Mario Manningham.  And just like 42, the game ended with a Tom Brady Hail Mary hitting the turf.


Speaking of Brady, there will likely be much criticism lobbed his way during the post-mortems conducted on New England talk radio this week.  Not to imply that one individual cost the Patriots the game, but if I had to lay the blame at someone's feet it would be the to players who dropped passes on New England's final drive.  Wes Welker's was particularly bad (and surprising), and those two plays may very well have sealed the Patriots coffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment