Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My elegant and complex Superbowl plans

Having turned down an invitation to watch the Superbowl in a crowded room with lots of drunk people I don't know, it looks as though I will be watching the game in my dorm room with one or maybe two of my suitemates.  All of the big Giants fans in the suite are home for the weekend, which is perhaps just as well, because now I don't have to hear one of them scream "Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz" anytime Victor Cruz does one of the following: gets a first down, receives a pass, is shown on camera, successfully ties his shoes, etc.  Should the Giants win, this kid will strip off most of his clothes and run around screaming, as well as likely committing some other unspeakable acts (source: the Giants-Niners game), so it's just as well that he won't be here.  This is also the first sporting event of this magnitude I won't be able to watch with my father or brother, which is definitely something of a letdown.  I'm not a huge football guy, but I root for the Giants because my dad is a longtime fan.  Texting the two of them during the game will have to do. 

Thank God that kid in my suite doesn't know about this little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment